VE Template and markdown

Because Clickup and other systems (such as the Hive blockchain) all use versions on ‘markdown’ - syncing the value Exchange template between public (the Commons) and private (the EVO company) is a cynch! We could also do it automagically at some point. Here is the markdown…
Of course the tiny issue is that all markdowns have significant variations, but it is an interesting start point and less cumbersom than HTML for people.

Value Exchange Template [Your name] [V0.2]

For the period xxx 23 - yyy 2023

(Old google template Copied from master template)

New Click Up template

Value Exchange Discussion (VED)

INSERT NAME

(New Clickup Template)

We are always looking to improve. This is the first time we have hosted Value Exchange on our Clickup Platform. Historically we would have used GDrive for shared docs. Please forward improvement suggestions to hello@ethosvo.org

Link to last Value Exchange - Update this link to you last VE if you have one.

1. :back: Looking Back. Value Recognition

The idea here is to summarise your journey since your last Value Exchange (we recommend doing VE each 1-3 months). How have you signified meaning and social / environmental value. This can be literally anything. What is you personal story? This is a hugely important part of VE. It is deeply personal and reflective. You should invite others important to you to join you in this reflection when you have drafted something.

[Fill this in 500 words to 2000 words]

Comments from the VR Event

Comments below from the few people you collaborate most closely with:

Time invested during the VE period (days)

How much of your total time does this Value Exchange Cover?

[Fill this in. One sentence]

2. :dart: What is your Mission?

What’s your story? Your “Why?” What change would you like to see in the World (value to society)? Why this change? Why now? What will you give in order to achieve this? How will you personally change to achieve this? Note: this does NOT have to change each time you do VE but you include it to make sure you have an opportunity to rethink for the next phase!

[Fill this in 500 words to 2000 words]

3/ :eyes: Looking forward

The outcomes and deliverables in the table below don’t have to mean a whole lot to everyone - although they could that’s OK. They are really just your shorthand on commitments over the next 1-3 months. When you write your next VE you make sure you comment / strike-though ones that are no longer relevant. The idea for each is that you write an Outcome (what has been achieved?), Associated Deliverable(s), Organisation(s) involved, Opportunities (why? financial or social), and comments on Progress

[Minimum 1 outcome. Maximum 6 outcomes]

3a/Outcomes

:dart: Outcome 1
:file_folder: Deliverable(s)
:office: Organisation(s)
:heavy_dollar_sign: Opportunities
:white_check_mark: Progress / Comments
:dart: Outcome 2
:dart: Outcome 3
:dart: Outcome 4
:dart: Outcome 5
:dart: Outcome 6

4/ Time and money

How will you fund this Value Exchange? Consider the allocation of your “one life” (we all have only 24 hours in a day) to the tasks/areas mentioned above.

[Max 500 words]

5/ People / Your network

“No person is an island” You need lots of people to help you work! Supporters, coaches and mentors. They work with you along the way to achieve shared goals. One of the keys to this section is to encourage you to engage with others and enlist others to support your mission. Who will support you? Experts (wisdom wizards!), co-conspirators, partners, customers. Think of all your stakeholders.

[Minimum. Wellbeing mentor, work mentor. ]

6/ Back-casting

In 1-3 months time what is your story? Make a date with your VE and write the story in advance. This is a completely free format section.

Admin

What period does this cover? [From: 26/01/2023 To: 25/02/2023]

Date of next VE and VR session.

Version Control

0.1 New Clickup Template. 11/7/2023

0.11 Just new italics and formats 12/07/2023

0.12 Updated the Header graphics 7/9/2023

And I’ve just noticed that all external imaged are sucked into the Commons where you make a post. Nice one!! No more broken links

I’d like to tidy up those header images. I will do that

@robpye I have tidied up the graphics on the template on CLickUp and sorted a couple of typoes. So do you want to update your markdown?

I’ve updated the post above to be the latest and most accurate. :slight_smile:

That’s very good. I got an email notification telling me. We can switch a feature on so that one can reply by email. I’m not entirely sure that will work though as our AWS email is (I think a send only SMTP thing) I dont think the one we have has an inbox. All inbound mail will go to Goodle. Maybe one to consider later on? p.s. It’s MUCH cooler down here but I dont like this laptop that much ;-(